Laundry workers are real saviors. A Launderer is an ironman literally and metaphorically. The only difference is that the Marvel ironman saved the world, the literal ironman saves our day. Imagine spending a day at work, or any social gathering without properly wearing neat and crisp clothes? Well, you got it. Launderers save you there.
Ironing clothes is a monotonous task for many and a mindful household chore for a few others. While many are good at carrying out the ironing and laundry work, many others are not. Given the situation, it is necessary to be mindful of hygiene in our clothing and be sure to wear neat and clean clothes.
But, with the demands of our daily lives, not many of us find the time or energy to carry out the laundry works. Launderers have got our back and help us wear crisp and neat clothes.
Metropolitan cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai are booming with online ironing services. Online ironing service in Hyderabad is quite good with the fact that Hyderabad being the new addition to the fast-growing city.
This article space would help for those who own ironing services or also for those who want to give their clothes to the launderers in assisting them in choosing what kind of services they should avail for the clothes.
Now getting back to crisp clothes! Ironing clothes raises an essential question of whether to dry iron it or steam iron it. But what’s the difference between the both anyway?
Dry iron is the most popular one people generally use. A dry iron has a soleplate that will get heated up on the electric supply. The dry iron can be directly pressed on the clothes and ironed.
Coming to steam iron. A steam iron has a steamer given the name of it. It emits steam from the small holes in the soleplate while ironing. Few steam ironers come with a separate spray bottle using which you can use the required quantity of mist/steam for ironing your clothes.
What is one of the biggest problems in ironing clothes you ask? Well, it is removing wrinkles. Adding to it, a rigid and stubborn wrinkle is a great pain to remove.
Do you know why clothes get wrinkled? According to chemistry. Not to panic, I am not going into mainstream science. This is a quick one, so read it. According to chemistry, clothes change forms in response to heat and water. Dresses are made up of polymers, just like how the human body is made up of molecules. This makes the clothes assume different shapes and textures in response to pressure like heat and water.
Let us quickly take a glance at which would be the best way to remove wrinkles on your clothes.
A substantially large part of this question can be answered with just a sentence. Well, it depends on the kind of material/fabric of your clothes! Dry ironing works well on materials like denim, wool, polyester, silk satin. This maintains the condition of the material and does not tear or burn up on ironing.
Dry iron doesn’t leave marks or impressions on clothes. It is also easy to use, and you can also set the temperature on the ironer, which makes it easier to increase the pressure while ironing the clothes. Also, suppose you avail services for dry ironing. In that case, it is generally cheaper than steam ironing because it is easier to dry iron the clothes in comparison to steam ironing where you need to put in more effort.
But the major disadvantage of using dry ironing is it is not suitable to remove severe wrinkles. Certain cloth materials are prone to get wrinkled more than others, and dry iron doesn’t help with that. This could be because the clothes would have dried to an extent that is more than required and this leaves the clothes dry. Adding a little moisture to the clothing could help. In this case, a steam iron is the best option. Generally, stream iron is preferred if the wrinkles are rigid and do not get off even after repeated ironing.
While steam ironing generally, steam droplets or moisture is sprayed to the clothing to make it moist after which, while ironing the clothes it is easier to remove the wrinkles. Steam iron works best on materials like cotton, linen, muslin, and denim too. The cons of a steam iron are that it requires more energy and you need to be careful while ironing and you can not blindly use it on any material like dry iron because doing which you have the threat of damaging the clothes.
Few quick tips on how to avoid wrinkles in clothes
– Buy clothes that are not prone to get wrinkled quickly. Denim, wool, cashmere are few examples of that. There are quite a few fabric materials like that.
– Don’t let the clothes stay in the dryer for too long as it makes the clothes wrinklier. Instead, try drying the clothes in a traditional way like drying them under the sun at your terrace or balcony.
– If you have a specific set of clothes that get wrinkled quickly, don’t wash and iron them too often. Applying more and more pressure on those kinds of clothes makes them prone to get crumpled more easily as days go on.
– There are liquid solutions that are anti-wrinkle for clothes. These can be sprayed on your clothes. You can sprinkle them on the clothes when the material is a little damp; this will avoid your clothes from getting wrinkled quickly.
– Use a hairdryer and hair ironer. Yes, they are similar to ironing, but you can quickly get your job done using it. Fix your clothes to the hanger and run the hairdryer through it. You can use the ironers to remove the wrinkles at the corners, collars, ends, of the clothes.
You can not deny the fact that you are judged to a certain extent based on your dressing. So, whether you choose dry iron or steam iron ensure that you wear wrinkle-free clothing and show up dressing neat and smart.
FAQs – Dry Iron vs Steam Iron
1. Which is better: dry iron or steam iron?
When it comes to dry iron vs steam iron, it purely depends on the fabric that has to be ironed. While dry iron works well with denim, wool, polyester, and silk satin, steam iron works best on cotton, linen, muslin, and denim. So, always consider the material you want to iron before you choose the kind of iron.
2. Why should I hire professional ironing services?
If you want to get your clothes pressed, you must consider hiring professional ironing services. This is simply because they have the experience and know what is best for your clothes when it comes to dry iron vs steam iron. Professional ironing services also help get your clothes iron to perfection.
3. How does steam ironing work?
When it comes to dry iron vs steam iron, steam iron works best on clothes we commonly wear. Steam ironing is that kind of ironing in which the iron box lets out steam through its holes. This steam helps us easily get rid of wrinkles on the clothes.
4. What are the benefits of choosing steam ironing?
When given a choice between dry iron vs steam iron, many people choose steam ironing, which comes with its own set of benefits.
– Steam ironing gives clothes a professional look
– the steam helps keep the fiber well-pressed for an extended period of time
– Steam ironing is relatively safer to use
– Steam iron is easy to use and maintain
5. What are the benefits of choosing dry ironing?
When it comes to dry iron vs steam iron, some people side with dry ironing for its valuable benefits. Dry ironing does not leave unnecessary impressions on clothes. The temperature is adjustable, making it easier to use as well. Dry ironing is also cheaper compared to steam ironing.